Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Surprise!

Yep! It is me...I didn't fall down a rabbit hole or accidentally flush myself, hahaha, but life has just been more than we could handle at times.

I have been working 2 jobs for over a year, switched real estate companies, and still temping in dental and medical. 

Don't worry, you haven't missed too much. We had to put most projects on hold until the last couple of months here.

I have had a lot of people in the last six months though to say we should put our house online, showing the differences...then some have told me I should be a blogger...well, I have done both, just not in a long time as you can see from the times of post.

After talking with my daughter who is a blogger, and so many people asking to put the improvements on line, well I have decided to bring my blog back alive, but not just on the house...it will show all the things we do here on the house, and still on a shoestring budget, but I am going to add some other things to my blogging as well.

My blog here will also start covering day to day life with a family and a budget. It will be a way to hopefully help others with things such as feeding a family of 4-7 on a budget. Really any size family can learn from it and get some kind of take away.

With the holidays coming, you will even be carried along with me to decorate the house from top to bottom. So when the videos go up you may hear a colorful word or two as you see some of the cleaning, decorating or building. I will try to keep myself in check with it though. :-)

I hope that all of you who were following me before will stick around to see all that will be posted. This blog is about to fill up with all kinds of good stuff.

The projects that we have done since last post were the stone tile floors, a fence for the back yard, removal of brick backsplash in the kitchen, some paint, some trim, new stair treads this week (still not finished there or with the trim work). There will be tons of pics to come this week and some extra blog post on budgeting for family life.

Something else to come, we are about to start a refinance of our house and the plan is to take you on the ride for that as well. As real estate brokers we understand the process well, but the general public doesn't. So I thought it may be a good idea to show the process.

When I post some things you guys please feel free to comment on the post. The feedback lets me know what you guys think of it, as well as some things that you may have done on a budget that have worked for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment